Kyujutsu is the art of the bow as practiced by the warriors of
Kinlu, and is usable with the Kinlu Yumi
or Daikyu longbow and also
with standard Alusian bows (Short, Long, etc). It cannot be used
Kyujutsu ranks as Warrior for time and EP. It is not possible to add
both Warrior and Kyujutsu bonuses at the same time, but should any
bonuses from both skills be applicable the character gains the benefit
of the greater.
The following benefits accrue from knowledge of the skill:
- The Student's base chance with a bow is increased by 1% (+1/Rank).
- The Student gains an “engaged” initiative, whilst
unengaged and with a bow prepared. This is calculated in the normal
way, [AG + PC + Weapon + other bonuses], using bow rank for the
weapon and adding an additional 1 (+1 per 2 full Ranks) with this skill.
- Using this initiative value the Student may choose to act in
the engaged portion of a Pulse rather than the unengaged portion, in
order to fire into or otherwise effect melee combat. Only their
initiative and the timing of their actions are altered, any and all
action restrictions are still based on them being unengaged.
- The Strike Chance penalty for shooting a target in a sheltered
hex is reduced by 5% (+1 / Rank) provided that the shelter is
predominantly a linear obstacle between the Student and the target, and
there is sufficient ceiling height for the Student to arch their shot.
- At Rank 6 the Strike Chance penalty for shooting at long range is
reduced to -2 per 5 hexes after first 5, and at Rank 9 it is reduced to
-1 per 5 hexes after first 5.
- At Rank 7 the Student may attempt a ranged Disarm attack. This is
calculated as for the an engaged Disarm.
- At Ranks 4 and 8 the Student gains the ability to stack an
additional Aim action.
- No other actions may be taken between the Aim actions.
- Each additional Aim action increases their Strike Chance by
+10, and raises the chances of Endurance and Specific Grievous damage
by 5% of modified Strike Chance.
- (e.g. at Rank 4 the Student may use a Pass action to Aim
like any other archer, then follow that with another Pass action to Aim
again to gain a total of +30 to Strike Chance and raise their chances
of Endurance and Specific Grievous damage to 25% and 15% of modified
Strike Chance respectively).
- At Ranks 5 & 10 the Student gains an additional free action
- This action may only be used to Load, Aim, Fire, or Prepare or Unprepare a Bow.